English for STEM Online Part A
9 - 13
English for STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) is aimed at self-motivated students with at least an upper-intermediate knowledge of English.
The course will provide students with a more specialized vocabulary not taught in most EFL classes, preparing them to study technical subjects in English at the high school or college level. Students should already be comfortable with English syntax and have experience writing their own texts of at least a paragraph in length. They should be able to understand English news articles with the help of a bilingual dictionary.
During the 10-week course, students will work through eight lessons with assigned reading, paragraph-response questions, and vocabulary quizzes. During the final two weeks, they will research and write an essay on a topic of their choosing.
The course is divided into two tracks: track A focuses on mathematics, the physical sciences, and information technology, while track B focuses on the life sciences, psychology, and economics. Each track is taught as a stand- alone course, so students can choose to take one or both, depending on their interests.
Study Scope and Sequence
English for STEM - track A: 10-week outline
01. mathematics, response questions, vocabulary quiz
02. physics, response questions, vocabulary quiz
03. chemistry, response questions, vocabulary quiz
04. information technology, response questions, vocabulary quiz
05. article, response questions, vocabulary quiz
06. article, response questions, vocabulary quiz
07. article, response questions, vocabulary quiz
08. article, response questions, vocabulary quiz
09. final essay idea, bibliography exercise
10. final essay
No additional materials required.
course fee: 306,- EUR / 7 470,- Kč